Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Camera

Randall has officially relinquished his job as our family photographer due to the demands of his new career. I admit freely that my documentation of Pace family life is severely lacking--due to lack of talent, lack of time, and lack of stick-to-it-iveness. But as Eva learned at Greenacres Elementary this year, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." We must move forward! So here we are loving life in Idaho. We are ready for it to quit snowing already so we can get our vegetable garden out of our living room and into our backyard. Anyways...a few days ago (when it wasn't snowing), the kids were out in the garden playing with one of our wheelbarrows. They were so cute all happily playing together that I whipped out our camera to capture the moment. I'm not sure I actually DID capture the moment, but I had fun seeing the ways my kids behave for the camera these days.

Eva quickly became aware that she was being watched and started posing.


Noel whipped out her fake smile.


Sophia either glared at the camera or gave it a blank stare. I thought this picture of her was particularly choice. She pulls all the barrettes and ponytails our of her hair as soon as I do it in the morning, preferring the shaggy dog look these days. Oh, and the dress she's wearing is one I found at a garage sale for 25 cents or something ridiculous. Why pay $30 for a Disney princess outfit when they are just as happy with the fru fru dress somebody else is throwing away?


And Hunter was oblivious that pictures were being taken. I had a hard time getting him to look at me most of the time.