Sunday, November 30, 2008

April


Are you sick of pictures from the botanical garden? Since we live in an apartment, we treat the garden like it's our backyard and try to go as often as we can. I think I take more pictures when I'm really happy, and I'm really happy when we are outside running around, enjoying nature, and I don't have to tell the kids "no" or "don't touch that."


We took off the weekend following Randall's shelf exam to explore one of the most beautiful cities in Virginia: Charlottesville. We visited Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's estate) and took turns entertaining the kids so we could each enjoy the guided tour. We also happened upon a local fair and let the girls ride on the carousel and experience cotton candy for the first time. We stopped for lunch at a pretty park after church and let the kids get their wiggles out before our long drive back to Norfolk. This turned out to be one of our best short family vacations yet--fun for all!