Sunday, November 30, 2008

March


So our silly news of the month is that I found out I'm allergic to ferrets. Randall found two young males with their cage and supplies really cheap online. He has been dying to have ferrets for as long as I can remember and is always looking for someone giving them away. I finally broke down and said we could try them out--provided they live outside on our balcony. The girls were crazy about the ferrets. They loved chasing them around the apartment and picking up their long, floppy bodies. They named the dark one "Ratatouille" and the light one "Mr. Moon." They were really cute and playful and it melted my heart to watch the girls with them. Well, anytime they came in the house I would have sneeze attacks, a runny nose, and itchy, watery eyes. We promptly reposted them on craigslist and found a new home for them quickly. It was actually pretty convenient for me that I was allergic because for being so small and cute, they sure have a lot of stink! I would have wanted to get rid of them pretty soon anyway :)

The first real signs of spring were out at the botanical garden--daffodils and dogwoods. Wow it was gorgeous! I'm glad we get at least one more Virginia spring next year.