Sunday, November 30, 2008

February

The Norfolk Botanical Garden recently called for entries for a photography exhibit "children in the garden." I wanted to submit this cute portrait of Noel in the Renaissance garden, but true to form I missed the deadline. My kids love playing tag and balancing on the walls. This was a particularly mild day for February, but we love going throughout the year in all kinds of weather.

I bet these cookies are making your mouth water. Don't let looks deceive you--these are not chewy, double chocolate cookies! These are regular old-fashioned chocolate chip cookies that Randall forgot about and cooked for almost three hours while we were out of the house...Mmmmmm.

One of the most special experiences of this year was going to the Washington D.C. Temple with Fred, Casey, Sarah, and Samuel Hafer. We love this wonderful family and were so pleased they invited us to escort them for the first time and witness their sealing. I will never forget the incredible peace and joy I felt when Sarah and Samuel walked into the sealing room all dressed in white to join their parents. They looked like angels in one of the most beautiful places on this earth. Thank you for sharing this moment with us, Hafers. We love you!

I got spring fever when I saw these gerbera daisies at the store and couldn't resist bringing one home. Is it just me or does it make you smile, too?